Successfully upgraded to Vanilla Forums v2.6. Please report any issue you may find.

Amicloud file list closes

edited December 2015 in AmiCloud
It is a little bit annoying when I open the filelist of the amicloud client, that when I click a file, a popup is shown asking if I want to share the file. When I press "Cancel" the popup disapeares and also the filelist does. Then I have to open the window again.
The filelist should have buttons for various actions. If I want to share a file or more, I should mark them and then click the Share button.

An other problem is that if I open the filelist window, while a file still uploads itself, the file doesn't appear in the list when it is synched. This is done when I close and reopen the filelist window. It should appear automatically, or even better there should be a progress bar when a file is synched.

Tested on AmigaOS 4.1 FE

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Hi @walkero and thank you for your feedback :)

Actually we are trying to make AmiCloud available for all supported platforms and after we are sure that all is working as expected we will start to add features. Seems to me that what you are asking for are additional features and not really bugs, but here I'd like to elaborate a bit you requests.
    It is a little bit annoying when I open the filelist of the amicloud client, that when I click a file, a popup is shown asking if I want to share the file. When I press "Cancel" the popup disapeares and also the filelist does. Then I have to open the window again.

An other problem is that if I open the filelist window, while a file still uploads itself, the file doesn't appear in the list when it is synched. This is done when I close and reopen the filelist window. It should appear automatically, or even better there should be a progress bar when a file is synched.
    When you click on a filename the client ask what you want to do depending on the actual state of the file, for example, if the file is shared it asks you if you want to stop the sharing. Instead if the file is not shared it asks you if you want to share the file, it is simple and logical to me ;)

The reason because the file list is static and refreshed only when it is opened is that it would require a big piece of code to apply changes in the cloud folders to the file list. Actually the file list is retrievied by the client with a request to the server, so, if something changes in the cloud there is no way for the client to know what's happened unless it asks again to the server the current cloud contents.
    To implement what are you asking for I should poll the server with requests every few seconds and keep the filelist sinchronized.
    I think it's not a good idea because this way you will have more bandwidth consuption and more cpu usage and this additional stuff could lower performances especially on slower cpu and for sure on classic machines.

About the buttons you are requesting to accomplish operations, well, it is not so easy, because, for example, when you are sharing a file the shared file url is generated and copied to the clipboard so that you can paste it where you need (browser, forums, ...). But how can I handle this for multiple requests? I can copy multiple urls addresses in the clipboard but it is really usefull this way?

The other side (disable sharing) could be done easily with a button, for example, to disable all shared files.

The upload status (but also the download processes) could be implemented showing a progress bar in the client's main window, but as said previously, implementing this feature in the file list could be too much for slower cpu.

Anyway thank you for your comment!
    We will keep on our desk for the next releases :)

How about the performances on your machine?
    Do you feel it responsive?
  • thank you for your clarifications. The performance on my X1000 is great and really responsive.

Thanks again for your time and the hard work you are doing.
  • Upload status will be included in the upcoming version
  • This version is now available in the indieGO!-Appstore www.indigo-gaming.com