Successfully upgraded to Vanilla Forums v2.6. Please report any issue you may find.

Synchronisation & datestamps

I have now a working client on may SAM460ex and on my PC
I understand from http://amigax1000.blogspot.be/2015/12/amicloud-10-beta-on-x1000-and-sam460cr.html
that having a folder with some files say
AmicloudSyncOS4 on my OS4 system , having synched it with Amicloud,
(done that)
then creating on my windows system a folder
AmicloudSyncWindows that i signal to Amicloud as the local folder to be synched, on my PC, Amicloud will copy those files to the PC.
Correct?

Does synch works in both directions? Meaning that the latest change (adding or updating a file) in one system is reflected first to Amicloud then to the other system, when the client there is used ?

What is the datestamp Amicloud sets to its own files and to the reflected file? I guess the file's datestamp on the system that last modified the file?
What if date/clock of both systems differ?
How is this handled?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi and welcome @JosDuchIt
    JosDuchIt said:

Does synch works in both directions? Meaning that the latest change (adding or updating a file) in one system is reflected first to Amicloud then to the other system, when the client there is used ?

Yes synchronization works in both directions, if you add a file to the shared folder on a system it will be copied to all the other synchronized systems, this also means that if you modify a file on a machine it will be updated on all the other synchronized machines.
    JosDuchIt said:

What is the datestamp Amicloud sets to its own files and to the reflected file? I guess the file's datestamp on the system that last modified the file?

It depends on the host system but generally the creation date is kept while the last-modify date is changed.
    JosDuchIt said:

What if date/clock of both systems differ?
    How is this handled?

We are using both the server time and local time to keep the files synchronized so it is perfectly legal (and safe) to have systems with different times.